GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Omeprazole and pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Omeprazole and pregnancy

This last year I had h-pylori and was treated for it and also had to take omeprazole for the stomach acid. I occasionally still get really bad stomach acid and will take an omeprazole.
Recently my husband and I have began trying to get pregnant, and I think I may be. I will test around the 7th of the month. I have been taking folic acid, avoiding alcohol, caffeine, I do not smoke, I have cut out certain foods and have been doing everything as if I were pregnant. However, I completely spaced it about the omeprazole and took one the other night when I had terrible stomach acid. If I am pregnant, I am probably only about 3 weeks. Would one omeprazole severely affect the developing fetus? Should I be worried?