Omeprazole side effects
Hi i am on 40mg of Omeprazole for acid reflux. Has anyone here had side effects from it like loose stools?

For the past two weeks or so my bowel movements have been rather odd...loose in the morning but ok towards the end of the day...no blood, but causing soreness around my anus afterwards....when i was taking 2 20mg i was fine, but the 1 40mg seems to be giving me these side effects, as well as not working so well for the reflux (tho i am thinking i have post nasal drip)

i have made an appointment as i need more tablets so i will consult my doctor but in the mean time i was just curious to know if anyone else shared these symptoms.
CAN THE GENERIC OF PRILOSEC CAUSE ALOT OF WEIGHT GAIN OR BLOAT OR FULLNESS////??? OR PAINS IN STOMACH?
Is Prilosec another gastro-resistant medication???

I know my capsules can give side-effects of bloating and excess gas so perhaps its the same with yours too.
I get up in the morning and feel realy sick, sometimes i am sick, the sickness comes and goes through out the day, i feel ok in my self its just the feeling sick. My stomach constently feels nervous(butterflys). i have been to the doctor and they dont know whats wrong, ive been taking omeprazole 40mg for 3 weeks now and i seem a little better but not fully. Has anyone had this and what is it??  
you could get the soreness around the anus from loose stool if allot like (diarrhea ) and with hard stools, where you would need more water. hope it gets better, I just started omeprazole x1 week and good stools and no indigestion.
Hi thanks for your comments. My symptoms have settled now but I now find that omeprazole isn't as effective now cause sometimes I still get indigestion, but it's better than not having them lol
no amount of omeprazole has resolved the tightening and burning of sternum . can i have antibiotics course instead

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Antibiotics can trigger symptoms to worsen.....have you modified your diet and lifestyle?

Talk to your Dr to explain your concerns and see what other options you may have....for me PPI's like omeprazole did not work for me and I switched to H2b and they work great.