PBC after gallbladder removal
My boyfriend had suffered with an undiagnosed galbladder efficiency issue for over 6yrs, even when requested his doctors failed to check his gallbladder regardless of a family history of problems associated with it. He recently had his gallbladder removed and after about a year was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, which after researching PBC seems to be the more accurate diagnosis. I was wondering if there has been any research in regards to whether or not having a gallbladder reintroduced into his body will cure the PBC. Based on my research the only cure atm is liver transplant and that is very difficult to get done due to lack of donors and such. I was wondering if this may be caused by his bile ducts becoming inflammed as a result of surgery or scarring leading to a blockage of sorts and if so would that disappear and reverse this cirrhosis? Any knowledge on this topic would be highly appreciated. I've read that survival rate after a liver transplant is only 90% for the first year and there's a good chance of a recurrance due to the causes. He has only just recently turned 19 and most of what I've read has give him a life expectancy of about 10-17yrs without a transplant. He already missed out on over 4-5yrs of his life due to the harsh symptoms caused by his gallbladder not functioning, so please I'm begging you if you know anything for his sake, please post.

Hi...I really do not feel qualified to offer ne advice on this...I am not a medical professional and do  not know enuff even if I was to make a comment...

U may want to try a expert forum where a Dr can answer u, u may have to give a bit more info on his medical history, but really Drs can not give advice with out a physical exam,

If u need help in locating the expert forums let us know, but u can find it at the top right of this screen the forums link on the tool bar.