Pain after gastric botox injection
I have had a total of 3 Botox injections for gastric phereis. They work amazing well....HOWEVER....immediatly after the injection I have horrific pain right in the middle of my abdomen that last about 24 hours. Has anyone else had this?? My GI doc, who I adore, and is very knowledable and caring is refusing to do any more injections becasue of the pain I have after the injection. He wants me to go and see a GI Doc at a teaching hospital to see if there is anything else he can do. Thought's???
While I've not had Botox injections in the abdomen, I had them in several areas on my forehead and head as a treatment for migraine.   I had one of the worst headaches of my life the next day and read on a site that others have this temporary reaction.   Botox is derived from botulism, a powerful neurotoxin. It paralyzes muscles but doesn't anesthetize pain receptors.  This may just be the way your nerves respond to the toxin and send some strong pain signals.