GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Pain after gastric botox injection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain after gastric botox injection

I have had a total of 3 Botox injections for gastric phereis. They work amazing well....HOWEVER....immediatly after the injection I have horrific pain right in the middle of my abdomen that last about 24 hours. Has anyone else had this?? My GI doc, who I adore, and is very knowledable and caring is refusing to do any more injections becasue of the pain I have after the injection. He wants me to go and see a GI Doc at a teaching hospital to see if there is anything else he can do. Thought's???
Related Discussions
While I've not had Botox injections in the abdomen, I had them in several areas on my forehead and head as a treatment for migraine.   I had one of the worst headaches of my life the next day and read on a site that others have this temporary reaction.   Botox is derived from botulism, a powerful neurotoxin. It paralyzes muscles but doesn't anesthetize pain receptors.  This may just be the way your nerves respond to the toxin and send some strong pain signals.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1384615710
Blank
flipper336 "I hear and I forget. I see... Comment