Pain between chest and stomach
I was recently diagnosed with esophageal pre cancer. Went in with complaint about pain in gut (usually worse at night when laying down) between lower part of rib cage. Was given endoscopy and prescribed omeprazole (40mg) until next endoscopy in one year. Was told the pain should go away in about a month. It's been about 2 months and the pain is still just as bad. Could I not have a hernia or ulcer and could this have been overlooked somehow in the endoscopy?
Were you told you had a condition called Barrett's Esophagus?

I have that condition as well, and it was caused probably by a hiatal hernia.  

Omeprazole is an effective drug for control of acid reflux, but it must be taken according to directions to be effective.  Take the drug 1/2 hour to one hour before dinner.  Don't snack after dinner, and stay away from beer or carbonated beverages.  Raise the head of your bed about six inches.

I'm not a health professional, but yes, a hernia or ulcer should have been picked up during the endoscopy. The procedure is pretty cut and dried, I doubt that someone misread it, but one never knows.   You are entitled to receive a copy of the procedure report and I urge you to get a copy and read it.  The procedures usually are recorded in the event you want a second opinion.  I'd guess you might evaluate your diet, take the drug exactly as prescribed and certainly raise the head of your bed.  Keep us informed.
Thanks for the response. Was not told I have Barrett's Esophagus. Think I  will go back to the surgeon and see what he comes up with. This usually hurts at night when laying down but has been hurting all day today which spreads into my middle back. Yes, I have given up the sodas, beer and caffine since visit. This medicine seems to work just fine for any acid reflux but does nothing for this pain in the middle of my body. I don't know if this is a body thing or an organ thing. Just know it's a big discomfort and hurts.
I must accept i have taken a bit more beers than i should have taken, i woke up the following day with this uncomfortable pain between my chest n stomach. i struggle to eat and swallow normally,even taking a deep breath is not easy. How can help to ease the discomfort?