GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Pain in armpit on burping

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Pain in armpit on burping

A few months ago i was having a lot of heartburn so i went to see my GP and she perscribed me with omerprazole. A few weeks later i returned to my doctor because after i stopped the medication the symptoms returned. I had a blood test to check for bacteria in my stomach and i tested positive for helicobactor virus. I was treated for this with antibiotics and my symptoms disappeared. A few weeks ago, i got a sudden thumping feeling in my chest with caught my breath for a second and made me cough slightly.  The heartburn has now come back but not as bad as it was but I have noticed that when I burp I get a pain in my left armpit. Is this related to the heartburn or something else?
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

I am not familiar with the H Pylori bacteria...or how it might make u feel. I am not sure if u have another flare of this or just gerd.

I would see ur dr, and when u call ask about what u might take in the meantime.
U will also want to avoid foods that will make u feel worse...see the MedHelp health Pages...links theu the welcome message at the top of the forum or the icon top right of the page.

I pray u feel better soon

"selma"
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Dr. Peter Glidden ND
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Truth in Olive Oil
Jun 28 by gymdandee