Persistant Diarrhea after Nissen Fundaplication
I had a Nissen Fundaplication surgury 14 months ago.  It resolved my GERD problem but I now have persistant Diarrhea and can not after 14 months put the weight I lost after surgery back on. I have recently had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy with everything normal.  I had a test for lactose intolerance, Seliac, and everything is normal.  I have only had this problem sionce after the surgery.  Is there anything else to look for?  Any other people have this same issue after this procedure?

Regards,
Eric
Have problem with dirreaha every three days or so.  It has only been 6 wks since surgery.  GERD is gone now to figure out the sideeffects.  
Hi...I have not had this procedure, but wonder r u still on meds post surgery?.....sometimes the drugs and meds used during the surgery can affect us, but u would think after this amount of time it would have calmed down.
May I ask what does ur dr think?

"selma"
Yes, I have constant diarrhea 6 months since surgery. Take a packet of Prevalite power each morning (disgusting taste) and that helps but the doctors have no idea if this will resolve in time or if it is permanent.
Hi there,

I had the Nissen Fundo, 6 months ago.  I had the opposite:  constipation and no bowel movements for a few weeks post-op!  I figured it is the Barium that I had to drink that blocked me.  Some doctors do Barium and Bicarb soda and that brakes the Barium down - but the mission is your not allowed to burp (or can not burp) after the Nissen!

Following a liquid and then soft diet will definitely change your bowel movements and can cause diarrhea.  A lot of patients also develop IBS and I had that for about 3 months, but I am now completely recovered.

Be sure to take pro-biotics and if the diarrhea persists, you need to check your electrolytes via blood test and get extra vitamin supplements.

Hope it stops soon :)
Had my surgery 3 1/2 months ago and so far, so good. I do have a lot of diarrhea too and have only gained 2 pounds. Actually lost one this past month during a check up when I thought I had been eating much more. Just goes through me so fast. I use to need laxative most of the time, but did bounce around some supposingly from IBS that I was told many years ago that I have. Hope you are doing well still. I see it has been years since you posted this. Let me know if you can.

Thanks,

GracieBea