GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Post endoscopy pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post endoscopy pain

On Monday 12/13/2010 I had an upper endoscopy. Dr said I have gerd and hiatal hernia. Also took biopsies but I won't know the results of those until next week. Anyway since I've been hone from the hospital I've had excessive gas which I hear is normal from the air they pump in your stomach but yesterday I had the sensation of a knot in my throat and near my diaphragm and dizziness. This morning woke up with a violent case of diarrehea that woke me up after only 4 hours of sleep. Are these symptoms normal after endoscopy? I've already called my dr and waiting for a call back. My dr gave me omeprazole which I started taking 12/14 but have taken 2 week courses of this medication in the past with no side effects. Thanks for your time.