Pros and Cons on Transoral Incisionless Fundoplicatio
Hi! I would like to know if anyone has had this procedure done. I just had an endo done and I am a candidate. I am thinking about having this done soon so if anyone can give me any information on this please contact me.
Thank you!
Berkshirebreeze
I had a traditional Nissen Fundoplication done four months ago, and I had the same decision to make.  I was offered both procedures.
I chose the traditional approach as the surgeon I chose had done over 100 of those procedures, and had letters of praise.  He had done only six of the Incisionless procedures and no letters.  
I'd do homework on your surgeon and try to determine the success/failure rate.  I do know nationally that the success rate of the traditional procedure is close to 90%.  I'm extremely pleased, although the first two weeks after surgery weren't the best of times.  I just got back from the Olive Garden, had their salad and pasta with Marinera.  I can't eat as much as I used to, about 1/2, but I have no acid reflux, and I'm not taking pills.  
I was careful taking advice on boards like this (take my advice with a grain of salt) as most posters only post negative reports of either type of procedure.  
Hope that helps.  I do hope you let us know how it goes for you, what route you took to get cured.