Questions regarding EGD report
I am a 44yo white male, overweight by 80lbs with a history of GERD and arteriosclerosis. I take an adult aspirin daily along with medications for hypertension, a beta blocker and statins.. I have had two previous EGD's performed over the past six years, where my Dr performed a dilation on my oesophagus due to scarring and food getting stuck when I eat. My GERD has been controlled with Prilosec for years now and i have had no trouble with food impaction for years. I went to my Gastro doctor due to repeated incidence of a stabbing pain under my ribs in the upper right quadrant and some nausea (no vomiting). he sent e for an ultrasound which found some fatty infiltration in my liver (no inflammation) but no gallstones. A CT scan in June had the same findings.

had an endoscope performed today and I am confused about the report. My Doctor is out for a several days and told me to call him a week from today, however I am hoping that you can help me understand what the report means.

The procedure reads "EGD with biopsy for histology" The Post Op diagnosis reads " small pyloric ulcer seen with minimal edema, Areas of edema noted also in this area with out an ulcer." Accompanying the report is a page with pictures from the procedure showing two pictures of the antrum that presumably show the ulcer, which looks like a white foamy area that looks very different from the otherwise pink areas in the picture.

My questions are: What is the significance of edema that is noted in the report? Can this be something worse than an ulcer, specifically cancer? I am concerned because the dr sent out samples for biopsy, and I have read today that some ulcers in this area can be cancerous. If it is "just" an ulcer, what might a typical treatment entail?