GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Really CANT STOP BURPING..!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Really CANT STOP BURPING..!!

I'm a 21 year old female who, for the past 4 months, can not stop burping!  I've never been much of a burper before, but now I must burp 200 times a day.   I'm in college, and its been so bad that it has been interfering with my studies - so I went to the doctor.  He checked me out, thought it was indigestion, reflux and gave me some pills. (which does not work.  I wouldn't say my burps are indigestion - they are AIR burps.  I burp when my stomach is empty too.  The pills just seem to make it worse) He checked my gallbladder area and tummy and didn't seem to feel any issues.   And, at the end took my blood.

I got the blood test results yesterday over the phone and they are calling me in for more tests next week because my Alkaline Phosphatase level is higher then normal.it is increased more than twice.

Besides burping, my other symptoms include: nausea, stomach pains.
PLZZ HELLLPPP !!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

May I ask, was this a GI Dr or a PCP?...You may want to see a specialist and have a PH test done...since you feel worse with the meds it could be that  you have low acid levels ...so a PH test is the best way to figure out the best treatment.

Also try and relax...stress can add to how you feel...and modify your diet and lifestyle...avoid smoking, alcohol, spicy, greasy, and acidic foods as well as caffeine and carbonated bevs....

No tight clothes, good nights sleep, and exercise....and elevate the head of your bed to help at night to keep the acids down where they belong.....

Gastro Tracker
Gastro