GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Reflux from colon prep?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reflux from colon prep?

I have struggled with reflux/difficulty breathing for about two years, and have finally gotten it under control by maintaining a bland diet and taking Zegerid.  The doctor has explained that she thinks it is LPR rather than GERD.  Although I do occasionally have burning in the esophagus, the more persistent problems involve phlegm in the throat which seems to make it difficult to take a full breath in.  This generally occurs after extreme exercise, with stress, and during the middle of the night.  My questions involves prepping for a colonoscopy.  I have to drink NuLytley, and am worried that so much liquid (and apparently so bad tasting!) will cause difficulty breathing.  And I really don't want to go under Propofol when I can't breath in.  Has anyone had any experience with the colon prep meds?  Suggestions?  Any help would be much appreciated.