GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Shortness of breathe a sign of GERD?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Shortness of breathe a sign of GERD?

Is shortness of breathe a sign of GERD?

This discussion is related to GERD & shortness of breath.
Hi Bill, it can be, BUT with out a proper exam by a dr u can not assume that is what it is .....Please see a GI dr and post an update : )

Good luck

"selma"
Are you taking any Proton Pump Inhibitators (like prilosec ) for your GERD?

If you are and have been taking them for a long time have your B12 checked.It is a specific blood test (B12).

I have been on Prilosec for 9 months, and had many symptoms including shortness of breath. I was told it was Anxiety. Last week I found out that my B12 was low (192) and it should be > 300. I have been on B12 under the tongue lozenges for 3 days and my shortness of breath and many or my other symptons are gone!  

Still early to tell if it was the B12, but one web site mentioned Shortness of breath as a symptom of B12 deficiency.

Just a thought.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
Joel78 is frustrated Comment