GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Sick every 4 to 6 weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Sick every 4 to 6 weeks

I have had reoccurig boughts with nusea/vomiting along with diarreah (diarrhea) for years since i was a child i am now 35 years of age and have these episodes at least once a month to every two months and the last about five days then im back to normal they generaly follow dinner and come out of the blue no signs just before. i have no pain other than burning in the rectum from going so much during an episode my doctor has had me go for ultrasounds/nagative, barium test for motility/nagative blood work for polyi something/nagative, and just recently i have gone for blood work to see if im alergic (allergic) to wheat. currently my doctor has me taking prilosec otc, promethazine aka phenegren, and metoclopramide wich I take 30 min before eating. the phenegren12.5mg did not stop me from vomiting and having the nusea during my most recent spell. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen and if they know what it is i feel my doctor does not know recently he suggested it may be stress and adrenalin dumping from the stress but i don't think im stressed except for this problem wich is begining to take it's toll. any thoughts on this are welcome.
Tags: IBS
Hi patrick1013,
The symptoms you have mentioned are suggestive of IBS. IBS patients have associated dyspetic symptoms. The nausea and vomiting you have ,  are the dyspeptic symptoms.

I am giving my opinion with an assumption that your symptoms are not affecting your sleep; you do not wake up in the night for your diarrhea and there is no weight loss and infection of the gut is ruled out.

Meet a gastro to discuss about these issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
i have recurring nausea/vomiting all too frequently. i havnt had it for as long as you, only a year. the strange thing is i only get it in the mornings, especially when travelling. i also sometimes get a runny bowel in the mornings. i have been tested for pretty much everything you have been tested for, howverver theyve all returned negative. i have been told is could be excessive stomach acid, but the pills for this do not work.my doctor too reckons it could just be "adrenaline", but like you i feel the only reason i have "adrenaline" pumping round my body is because im so *** off with this stupid illness whatever it is!!