Aa
A
A
Close
Silent Reflux/Post Nasal Drip and Vomiting
Hi,
For several years I've had unrelenting indigestion (I also have adrenal fatigue or chronic Lyme...no one is sure). Two endoscopies (last one a year ago) showed nothing of importance. I went on Dexilant for 6 weeks a couple months ago and found it reduced pressure in esophagus (like a gas build up but nothing shifts and it's uncomfortable) but did nothing to reduce frequent burping (I burp after drinking water even!). I stopped the medicine and found since then I am much worse with excessive post nasal drip, queasiness after almost everything I eat, and occasional severe vomiting (not a daily occurrence but very bad when happens, like stomach just has to remove everything.) I thought at first this was "PPI reflux revenge" (acid returning with a vengeance after stopping meds) but it's been over a month off meds so that seems crazy. Only thing that helps stop vomiting is Pepto Bismol, which constipates me. The vomiting can be very intense...then in morning again, I am fine. Amount of mucous coming down from sinuses is ridiculous so now taking Sudafed generic. Important: If you think I should be back on the PPI, please answer this: Why did I not have queasiness/gaggy stomach, excessive post nasal drip or vomiting BEFORE PPI? I am on a low acid diet but not perfect about it and reflux does not seem to be seriously related to what I eat...though some foods make it worse. Taking a probiotic. Can't take it anymore! Any opinions appreciated...!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi an welcome to the GERD forum.

PND will cause nausea and vomiting and will cause reflux to worsen or trigger a flare....u may have allergies or something along those lines, so see an ENT about the PND that may help alleviate  the symptoms u have.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status