GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Sore Throat?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Sore Throat?

I have GERD  / Gastritis caused by H-Pylori. I have noticed every so often I will have a sore throat. It looks raw and unpleasant. Is it common to get sore throats? I thought maybe this was caused by the acid reflux going back into the throat???

Also I am on 5days of doing the prevpac and am wondering how long it takes to heal?
It could be acid reflux.  Then again, it could be your tonsils.  Are you taking the medications exactly as prescribed?  Also are you controlling your diet, eating foods that wouldn't make the condition flair?  Have you raised the head of your bed about six inches so you are sleeping on an incline?  Do you smoke or drink?  Hopefully, you aren't eating anything within three hours of laying down, and I trust you are hydrating yourself with water.  

The drugs are great, but you have to also eliminated risk factors as well so you know if the drugs are working.  They can't overcome negative behaviors.  

Hey Flycaster,

thanks for the input! I am taking the medicine as prescribed. I take the Prevacid and hour before I eat and the biotics right before I eat.

I have drastically reduced spicy food and have one coffee in the morning. However pre-meds I never had acid reflux this bad, I mean last night I woke up in incredible pain and felt like there had been something in my throat all day and worse at night. I can't even lie down for 5mins without having it pour out of me.

I am doing quite well on the drugs in terms of side effects, my stomach really didn't bother me on it. Now on day 7 perhaps it's the Biaxin? I was reading it can cause stomach upset and so sets the stage for irony here.

I spoke with the pharmacist last night, only thing I could do at 4 am. She was nice enough to speak with me at length and explained that it is the Biaxin which can cause that. Esp figuring that I did really well the first 5 days on the meds. I was a ton better.

I ate coleslaw a bunch when all this started so am thinking this could have to do with it? It's the only thing I can think of. I have generally dealt with a chronic to moderate scenario all my life, though recently been having acute attacks. Too much coffee I suppose.

Gastro Tracker
Gastro
How Bad Science and Big Business Cr...
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 31
selmaS commented on ChiariWolf's status
Jul 31