Sudden severe stomach pain
34 m...Last night i was woken up by sudden severe pain in my stomach, the pain was so sudden and intense that i couldn,t get up from bed or crawl across t my antacid, when i eventually did the pain gradually subsided within a few mins. No nausea, I felt i was going to pass out. This is the 2nd episode. 1st time d pain was so much i passed out and pee"d on myself. I get relief from antacid and  go back to sleep.  In both cases i had taken about two or three bottles of beers with some cigs, wasn,t drunk dont know if there is a connection but i noticed a bit of warmness in my stomach when i had a glass of beer this morning. also i took a lot of aspirin in my teenages as part of trmt for rheumatic fever and still take 75mg twice or more a wk for angina. I also take 100mg of atenolol, amlodipine, moduretic and captopril for my hbp. I saw my doc prev and he didnt c anythimg wrong cos by morning i was perfectly ok. I am really scared cos i might die if i have this attack and no antacid or person to help me get it
Hi....alcohol is on the list of foods to avoid. I do not know if ur antacids r a RX or OTC....but u may want to see a GI dr, as this could be related to drinking and smoking or it could be ur Gall Bladder, so, until u see a dr u might want to try to avoid things like drinking and smoking and find out exactly what is wrong.

U did not mention if u had testing to see if u have nething going on like H.Pylori, or GB.

"selma"
Thx, in my country nigeria medical science is a little backward and its nt easy to do these tests u mentioned or c a GI, i was starting to think my friend was poisoning me cos in both instances when i had these attacks  i was drinking with him and he brought the drinks, mther times when i drank alone or with other friends i didnt have these pains, in nigeria ritual poisoning and killing for money rituals is quite common
if that is so common, I would not consider that person a friend or take drinks unless I brought them myself.

I am at a loss at to what else to suggest.

Good luck
"selma"
Thx all d same, he has been calling me all week to hang out with him but i don't show up, been drinking alone and no more stomach pains, life shud be treasured and enjoyed, what abt u, how are coping, do u have any ailments or are a health worker, which part of the globe are u from
Hi...I have many ills and am on the East Coast of the USA.....I have a hiatial hernia with reflux....and Chiari malformation, Ehlers Danlos , tethered cord, and spinal stinosis with a bulging disk.....to name a few...lol....we do what we can.

No I am not in the medical profession, just a person that has issues and wants to understand them better...and share what I have learned.

I am glad u r avoiding this so called"friend".....and glad to hear u r no longer having ur pains.

ALL my best to u,
"selma"
Nice to hear from u, tell me sincerely, do u think its too late 4 me to go back to sch and become a doc after 8yrs. I am 34, married with 2 kids, i studied computer engrg but i now find computers boring, will like to be a doc and live a more useful life
Not knowing u, I can only tell u that I believe neone can do what they want...if u have the desire to go back to school, then u can.....it is never too late to do what u have the want in u to do.....

I go to a PCP that was a rocket scientist for many yrs and went back to med school later in life.....

Only u know if u can or want to do this, but I would say if u want to...go fot it.

"selma"
Thx,
I woke up twice with really bad stomach pain also.  I took a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup (tall kitchen cup) of luke warm water, and drank it down quick, worked almost instantly.  

I mentioned this to my doctor and turned out my stomach was producing too much stomach acid, causing gas bubbles, gas, and acid reflux disease...  

I was just dianosed a few months ago and put onto Previcid and then nexium, and ranitadine... I'm still having acid reflux issues (we are working on something that works) but the stomach pains stopped.  Deff. Alcohol is not helping, try looking up diets and things to avoid for acid reflux or over acid in stomach...

(also sorry if i didn't spell the medications right... :D  )

Good luck, I hope you find something that works...
hi..i am 26 yrs old.i first experienced severe pain in my abdomen that radiates to my chest and back when i was 4 months pregnant.i thought it was due to my pregnancy.but after my pregnancy the pain was still there thats why my OBgyne requested for upper abdomen ultrasound.the result shows that i have gallstones.i consulted a surgeon and suggested urgent surgery.so i decided to have an operation.but after my operation..i am still experiencing the same pain.i am crying almost every meal because it really hurt my back and abdomen..i also underwent endoscopy.the result was; severe hiatal hernia, esophagitis, mild ulcer, duodenitis, h pylory positive. they gave me, nexium,motillium,mucosta,clariget and antibiotics for a month..but to no avail..until now im suffering with this pain..

my im-gastro told me i shpuld continue nexium for three months...

help me please..im so helpless..