GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Symptoms, Please help diagnose.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Symptoms, Please help diagnose.

Hi There. My name is Jessica. For the past several years, on and off, I've experienced some interesting symptoms. I've been to a doctor but as I was not certain on how to describe the symptoms they pretty much dismissed it.

First off, within 2 hours of eating and I bend over or something, I feel acid coming up my throat.
   My throat has been sore from it.
   I feel a water balloon or some kind of pressure under my sternum or near my heart that feels as if it is a water balloon and it's expanding. The only way I can think of to get it to pass or whatever is to fan myself consistently and eventually I'll yawn or burp, and it'll release the pressure for a few seconds then come back again. The only method I've found that gets this to go away is going to sleep.
The doctors said to focus on diet and stuff but it's legitimately anything I eat. I'm in class and can't focus because an "attack" as I call it will occur which is when that pressure happens and won't go away.

What is this? How do I cure it? HELP :D

Acid from any foods will cause this. Its a reflux issue. You can take Nuxuim, its the only thing that made mine better. I still can't drink any fruit juices or eat anything that heavy in grease, oh and hot things. So I would think its your reflux. But keep working on it. I bet you guys will figure it out.

Hi...this does sound like a reflux issue.....u should see a GI dr not just a PCP.

Here is a link to other things u can do in addition to modifying ur diet to aid meds  so u can feel better.

http://www.medhelp.org/gerd/articles/What-is-Heartburn/247

Stress can also be a factor so u need to relax, u seem like u r very anxious about this, so do see the right dr to get a dx and proper treatment.

"selma"
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
1 hr ago
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
Joel78 is frustrated Comment