GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
The neusea

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

The neusea

Hello, everybody. My name is Nastia. I am from Russia. I have constant neusea and blench for 8 months... I am very bad.  My diagnosis is GERD, but tablets  that were offered by the doctor didn`t help. I can`t live so more. It is very difficult   and simply is impossible. I worry about my health in fact. Please advice me smth. I need your help. My life is awfull, I often cry because of it. May be, somebody delt with so long feeling of neusea. Please, help me. Thank you everybody/
what kind of tablets have you been given?
Omez, Motilium, Metoсlopramide,  Almagel, Rennie, antibiotics from HP (Helicobacter Pylori), but nothing helps. I suppose you undersnand me. Thank you very much for your advice. ( I know English very well as I think, but I am not a native speaker). Wait for your answer.
i had to look up some of your meds because i had never heard of some of them.  Motilium and metoclopramide are both for motility problems----unless you have a motility problem they are useless for GERD.  Almagel looks like it might be similar to a PPI, not positive.  Rennie looked like it was an over the counter product and probably worthless except for occasional heartburn.

Did they test you to see if you had H. Pylori before they gave you antibiotics for it?

Omez, or brand name prilosec, is a PPI and probably the best choice for you out of what you have been given--but it doesn't work for everyone.

I am on high dose prevacid 30 mgs twice a day, for severe GERD and eosinophilic esophagitis.

I think that maybe you should ask for a different PPI (proton pump inhibitor) instead of omez.   Protonix worked for me also, but it did not work for my daughter.  Prevacid also worked for her.

Prevacid is lansoprazole (generic).  If you have damage, it can take up to 3 weeks to get relief.  If you do not get feeling better, you probably need to have an endoscopy done with biopsies to see what is going on inside.

Have you ever been tested for celiac disease?  I have 3 children with it.  One of them was nauseated for months and also had GERD before we finally figured out what was wrong.
Oh, thank you very much. I understood that you wrote. I had gastroscopy and I have gastroduodenitis as a result.  I made analyse of antibodies to H. Pylori (blood test) . This test showed my level is higher than standard (3,5 instead less 0, 9  LgG). I suffer from this terrible neusea and  frequent blenching. Sometimes I am very bad therefore I can`t eat and do smth.   Rennie is remedy from heartburn and Almagel functions in the same way.
I would like to say that there is a chaos in my country (Russian Federation). last time I forgot to say that my sister has similar symptoms (Her name is Dasha ). Almost all docs say that so  "eternal neusea" сan`t be from GERD and  prove that the main cause of the neusea  are nerves.  I don`t believe it. Nobody said about celiac disease except one gastroenterologist, who answered me on Russian forum.I told him about myself and he advised to pass analyse on Celiac disease. But I didn`t pass this analyse ( and my sister too). I can`t believe that  coeliac is my diagnosis. My parents don`t  suffer from coeliac disease, I thought that  it is severe genetical deasese, however I  heard that people often suffer from gluten intolerance. What do you think about it?  Сan it be  gluten enteropathy? What is the probability of Celiac Disease?. ( I can add that all started after food (boiled potato). How can I know what is wrong with me if all  docs even can`t  suppose it can be a celiac disease?  At times I think  that many doctors know nothing and can`t help people who is in difficult situation. Thank you very much for your reply, please advice me what should I do? Please, please, because it`s so hard for me to live with these symptoms. Thanks ...I wait for your answer  with  impatience...
Anastacia A.
to be tested for celiac disease you need to have a total IgA serum test and a Ttg IgA test done.   i know that in the United States the estimated amount of celiac is 133 per 1000.  when my girls were diagnosed I only knew one person with it, and she was an adult.  I think when my local hosital ran the tests on my family it was the first time they had ever run the tests.

Each of my 3 girls had different symptoms.  We have all been genetically tested--we got in on a celiac study through a university---My husband and I and 8 of my 9 children all carry one of the main genes for celiac, but for some reason it has only activated in 3 of my children so far.

We had never had a case of celiac in our family that we were aware of on either my husbands side or my side---but obviously the gene has been passed down for years in both of our families.

Once my girls with celiac and GERD had been gluten free for about a year, they were able to go off the prevacid.

My girls were 14 (twins) and the other, almost 11, when they were diagnosed.  My twins learned to cook gluten free--they had not done much cooking before.  My youngest with celiac is now almost out of school.

I'm sorry it is so hard to find help in your country!
Thank you, please, tell me how did the symptoms appear from your twins? ( in the same time or not?) . What symptoms did they have (twins)?. My sister and I are twins too.( Our symptoms appeared in the same time.I seemed it is very weird then). thank you very much.
One twin was nauseated for months and had diahrreah off and on---the other twin had the skin symptoms of dermatitis herpetiformis.  The were both really tiny--but most of my kids have been tiny, so that wasn't necessarily significant.

The one with the skin condition also had an eating disorder-----so that kind of put a kink in things for awhile until we figured it out.

My youngest daughter had no obvious symptoms.