Throat "Burns" in the Morning
Does anyone else notice that their throat feels like it's on fire in the morning? I have this sensation all the way down in to my stomach, and sometimes I've thrown up a little.

Any suggestions as to what could help ease this a little? My mom said to try water or anti-acid medicine. (My little sister has GERD, as well, and uses Malox.)

Thanks so much!
I highly recommend ligiud gaviscon before bed.
Also you need to put the head of your bed up on blocks...this will keep the stomach acid from sneaking up on you
I'd suggest you see a doctor, and also follow the advice to raise the head of your bed with blocks to keep acid from getting into your esophagus.  You have something going on, it could be GERD, or it could be issues with swallowing.  
I have this symptom as well, and it was due to LPR or silent reflux.  It is because the esophageal sphincter relaxes and acid leaks into your larynx and pharynx.  You should see a doctor immediately to see if it might be this.
Thank you, everyone!

I am planning to see my GI in the end of February, so I think I will bring it up to him. My little sister had LPR, and she sleeps with these "bed wedges", a big foam triangle thing that looks like a ramp. She's got some extras, so I think I will borrow one of those.

Thanks again!

~ Em
My experience is that bed wedges didn't work at all.  I worked myself down past the wedges as I slept.  Trust me on this one, you will do much better by getting some scrap wood and putting equal sized boards under the head of your bed so the entire bed is raised.  
Hi there,

It is good that you see a GI Specialist.  Also have a lot at your diet and avoid the "acid triggers" and don't eat 3 hours before bed time!  

All the best,
I am certainly going to talk to my GI about this, thank you, Smiley2000

Flycaster305: I will try the wood, my dad has some in the shed. Thank you!