GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Throat Making Me Gag

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Throat Making Me Gag
Im 18, and I woke up this morning round my boyfriends and my throat felt so weird as if something was stuck in there. I then went home and had a little sleep and thought it would be gone by the time i woke up. So i started walking to work and it was exactly the same... it's not that bad when i eat but i feel like i have got to drink every 2 seconds or i will gag. It is so annoying, i just want it to go away!

i didnt know it could last forever, seeing all you's saying your had it for years. looks like i will be sleeping with a bucket tonight! i am supposed to be going out tomorrow night for Nandos with my best mate!
Feeling lump in the throat could be due to GERD (though there are other causes as well).
If it is due to GERD you may find relief with PPI like Prilosec.
i went to the doctors 2 days ago and they said one of my glands has come up but at the moment the other hasnt. she asked me many times if i have been ill recently and i told her no. she then said she reckons im going to have a Viral Infection soonish. but because i can eat and drink its not that bad at the moment, so she didnt give me any tablets or anything??