Undoing the Lap Nissen Wrap
I had the Lap Nissen Fundoplication to correct an esophageal hernia 2.5 years ago.  Since then, I have been unable to vomit or burp.  I had a endoscopy done and a dilation of the wrap but it did nothing to help.  I now have "gas bloat syndrome" and have been miserable anytime I get sick and need to expel food, because all I do is dry heave and hurt my stomach muscles.  I want to have this thing undone.  Is this even possible?

I live in Dallas, TX.  Is there a Doc that someone can recommend for this?  I do not want to go back to the Dr who performed my surgery.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

This discussion is related to Post lap Nissen complications.
I've had the procedure.  I was warned going into the procedure that I would need to alter lifestyle/diet to eliminate the need to burp/vomit.  I gladly accepted those terms as I was miserable, and the procedure really worked well for me.
I was told I shouldn't drink beer, or any carbonated spirits or soft drinks, eliminate fatty fast food, eliminate trigger foodsand watch my food portions.  I'm a heart bypass patient so I watch my diet carefully anyway.  For whatever reason, I can burp just a little bit if I tend to overeat,  In my case, I've totally eliminated processed meats, fast foods like McDonalds, beer, carbonated drinks, and try and keep meal serving portions small.  

I'm sure you had an important reason to agree to the surgery.  I don't know if the surgery can be reversed back to the original state, but probably you could contact doctors in your area who could relieve the wrap... it might be too tight.
I'd also suggest contacting a dietician and discussing the matter.

Hope that helps.  Keep us informed, sorry for your discomfort.