Upper chest and throat pain when exercising?
In the past 6 weeks I have gone running 3 times and each time within the first 1/4 mile I start to get upper chest and throat burning and pain followed by coughing and mucous for a couple of hours (This happened in 80 degree temps too). About 8 weeks ago I ran 2-3 miles once a week with none of these symptoms at all. Since June 1st I have lost 35 pounds (212 down to 177 and I'm 33 years old 6' tall) during my weight loss campaign for my wedding that was on October 17th. I have had a ton of stress leading up to the wedding but now the stress is gone, as far as I know. I really want to get my cardio up and get myself back into basketball shape for the winter. Last night I ran around the block 1/8 mile and the burning and pain was so bad that I had to stop. This morning I have burning in my throat that I have never had before.
My diet has a consistent flow of spicy stuff. I eat (10+ years now) 1-3 jalapenos a day and load most food items up with an assortment of hot sauces I keep in my refrigerator. I have kept this diet for years and it never affected my softball and basketball leagues I played in? Maybe this is a contributor?
Any suggestions before I totally freak out would be great. Thanks!
Hi...well the stress of the wedding and the stress of ur weight loss can be contributors to this issue.....and the spicey foods and peppers should go.

Please see ur dr to see what ue root issue is and diet changes along with meds help to get u back to normal.

Congratulations on the Wedding!!

"selma"