GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
VILE TASTE IN MOUTH WITH GERD

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

VILE TASTE IN MOUTH WITH GERD

I had an endoscopy in November 2012 as I was spitting blood at the time which has since gone.  I had no symptoms of GERD before my scope.  After my scope the doctors told me I had a small hiatus hernia, oesophagitis and duodenitis I was put on omeprazole 40mg daily.   A couple of days later the vile taste started, it is with me 24/7 with no let up. I have tried different PPIs which havent worked. I have tried all sorts from health shops like Milk Thistle, Acidophilous, Aloe Vera liquid and even alka seltzer but nothing I try gets rid of this disgusting taste. Its ruining my quality of  life I hate eating and drinking and I am very depressed,  I feel my GP and Gastroenterologist do not understand the extreme of my problem.  I am at the end of my tether.  I search for answers all the time.  Please has anyone ever had this vile taste its like a mixture of acid and bile and I get no relief.  Has anyone found an answer to clear this up it has been going on for months now. Thank you
Tags: GERD
I'd sooner than later find a 4 x 4 post, cut a foot long segment, plus a 2 x 4, and set them under your bed frame and see if that helps.  The fact that you have the symptoms during the day is another matter, but acid could be rolling up your throat when you sleep.  Wedge pills won't help, you will defeat their benefit when you sleep.  
Try it, it's effective if you have a defective LES valve.