GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Very worried re stomach please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Very worried re stomach please help

I have had acid reflux on and off for a couple of months.  About six weeks ago it became chronic and I couldn't eat much at all.  I went to the doctors and was put on Omoprazole.  I took them for about three weeks and the acid got better - although it didn't go completely.  I went back to the doctor though as overall indigestion got worse - I was experiencing extreme nausea every time I ate and belching.  The doctor told me to come off the tablets for a while to see what happened and also referred me for test including an ultrasound as I have lost about a stone.

I can only eat chicken, rice and some basics like sweet potato mashed up.  Today I came in from town and ate some rice and chicken and I got very bad cramping about an hour later - I then had really bad diarrhea.  Sorry re this bit - but it was dark green and smelled fowl.  I now feel sick again and have a griping stomach.  I am very, very worried.  It seems like my whole digestive system has stopped working and I am scared it is something serious.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Thanks very much in advance for any answers.
You have symptoms of GERD.
In addition to that you have developed gut infection which is causing cramping and the foul smell.
You need to consult your doctor for stool test and appropriate medications ( Cipro and Metronidazole most often).
Take probiotic supplements also.