GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Very worried re stomach please help
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Very worried re stomach please help

I have had acid reflux on and off for a couple of months.  About six weeks ago it became chronic and I couldn't eat much at all.  I went to the doctors and was put on Omoprazole.  I took them for about three weeks and the acid got better - although it didn't go completely.  I went back to the doctor though as overall indigestion got worse - I was experiencing extreme nausea every time I ate and belching.  The doctor told me to come off the tablets for a while to see what happened and also referred me for test including an ultrasound as I have lost about a stone.

I can only eat chicken, rice and some basics like sweet potato mashed up.  Today I came in from town and ate some rice and chicken and I got very bad cramping about an hour later - I then had really bad diarrhea.  Sorry re this bit - but it was dark green and smelled fowl.  I now feel sick again and have a griping stomach.  I am very, very worried.  It seems like my whole digestive system has stopped working and I am scared it is something serious.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Thanks very much in advance for any answers.