GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Vomiting at Night

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Vomiting at Night
I too suffer from GERD and during meals I will sometimes swallow air (cabonated drinks are one cause for this) and have real difficulty trying to "burp" it back out. I feel it deep inside and it can sometimes cause cramp-like pain in my stomach. Later at night, if I was unsuccessful in forcing the air out, my mouth will start to super-salivate and I'll jump out of bed to vomit. I know it is the air bubble pushing it's way back up, but I don't understand why I am having such difficulty forcing this air out on my own. Any thoughts you may have or any suggestions on how to pass this air from my stomach out of my mouth would be appreciated!
Avoid carbonated drinks.
Dont drink anything while eating.  Chew well while eating. These prevents aerophagy ( swallowing of air).
The vomit you have is due to reflux/regurgitation. Take PPI and prokinetics.