GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Water Brash

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Water Brash

I think i've been experiencing water brash. Excess saliva is being producing in my mouth, there's a sour/bitter type of taste in my mouth, and my stomach kind of has that watery feeling to it. Sometimes it produces so much that I have to spit it out. Is there anything to help relieve these symptoms? A few weeks ago, the pharmacy told me to take Emetrol, it KINDA worked for a bit, but that's all. My doctor prescribed Prilosec (once a day). Am I going to throw up? Because I have a phobia of vomiting and I get paranoid that I will. Also, I get up at night and my mouth is just filled with saliva and water. I feel like i'm going to vomit because I try to drink water and it feels like it's coming up my throat. And yes, I use extra pillows and don't eat 2-3 hours before going to sleep. I can't take it anymore. All the stress, anxiety, and paranoia is getting the best of me and is affecting my body and mind so much. Is there any help?

P.S. Is it true that becoming a vegetarian with help your acid reflux?

Thank you!
WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME AND ITS FREQUENT I EAT SOME ORGANIC BROWN RICE WHICH DILUTES IT.  IT HAPPENS WHEN I EAT LOTS OF FRESH FRUIT, TOO.  I CAN BARELY EAT ANYTHING WITHOUT SUFFERING LATER.  IF I EAT BEFORE 6 PM AND GO TO BED AFTER 10PM IT HAPPENS LESS.

BETTINA
Thanks! It went away, but do you know any remedy that will help the contant nausea and stomach aches?
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
DMRobbins0226 commented on My GYN made me mad.
Feb 08
Paxiled commented on FDA issued a warning ...
Feb 08