GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Weird symptoms in throat. Not long after maxillary sinus surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Ok I didn't really see anywhere to post this. It would have been better going somewhere concerning one's throat or perhaps even a sinus area, but I do not see that those exist. I don't know if this could be GERD or not. After researching, it seems I have symptoms from everything to GERD, throat cancer, anxiety, sinus, etc. I have no clue what is going on, and the Doctor just slapped me on anti-biotics and said it was "probably" my sinuses.

Back in early Feb. 2010, I had 2 wisdom teeth removed. Well, there was a 2x3 cyst removed in my maxillary sinus cavity that had created a hole and attached itself to the root of my upper left wisdom tooth. It was 2 cyst together actually.

Here it is March 23rd, 2010 and for the past week or so, I have been having strange symptoms. It keeps feeling like something is in my throat, and sometimes even feels like something is spasm-ing around in there or tingling a bit. It is at the very bottom of my throat, below my adam's apple. I can feel sinus pressure to the sides of my nose, right side of head a little, and the back of my head. Sometimes this pressure makes itself more apparent when I swallow. I feel the area where they stitched up the hole to my maxillary sinus as well (hole was about the size ofa half-dollar). Often times, it's not exactly "difficult" to swallow, but strange feeling. Like it takes a little extra effort to swallow. I haven't really noticed a dramatic change in my voice or anything. Like I mentioned previously, I have researched all around the web and I have symptoms for a number of things, so I am asking for your help in trying to figure out what this is, or a good place to start. I don't have insurance and already have a very high bill from the previously wisdom teeth/cyst removal.

Thank you for any and all of your help in advance, Jeremy.
The feeling of "something" in the throat is called globus.
GERD is one of the causes for globus.
Take OTC Prilosec for relief.
I apologize for not mentioning this before, but sometimes I can also feel a little something, push a little bit, and I will burp. Unsure if this is common gas exertion or not. The "spasm-like" stuff has increased as of late. Thanks again, Jeremy.