What do I do?
I'm a 20 year old female student, currently studying in Thailand (5'4, 115 lbs). Okay, here's the story: I started having symptoms of what I think is acid reflux about a month ago. After going to two different doctors and trying some medicines, I finally saw one in BKK who did a gastropy and told me I had gastritis and a hital hernia. I've been taking Controloc once a day in the morning before breakfast, and "gastab" and molax 3 times a day before meals. The burning has stopped, as has most of the aching. I still get this weird feeling of pressure in my chest. Sometimes I have an ache to the left of my sternum, and sometimes my left breast will hurt. Also, I've been feeling a lot of sinus pressure in my face, and my breathing feels weird. Like, I'm don't have a stuff nose, but it's almost like my sinuses aren't letting in as much air. And I feel a pressure toward in the back of the roof of my mouth. I would feel for a while like I had swollen glands in the upper part of my throat (I had my tonsils removed years ago), or, less often, at the base where it connects with my chest. This past weekend, I think I had some sort of cold or sinus infection, because I had more green mucus production, and would wake up with goop in my eyes. I feels better, although I still have some sinus pressure in my face and headaches. And today, I was feeling better and I was sitting in a library, and my chest started to feel heavy and I started to feel like I had hot air in my throat -- I had taken my medicine and was waiting to go to lunch. Now, 4 hours after lunch, my throat still feels sore, my chest still feels heavy, and I have more sinus mucus in my throat....
I guess my question is: is this a normal GERD experience? How long should my chest feel heavy? It not only feels like this when I've eaten, but for hours (more than 2-3) after. And I'm hesistant to see the doctors around here, I feel like I can't describe my symptoms -- they're constantly changing (I've also been dealing with anxiety because of this).
yeah, i had the same thing. gerd can really mess you up. For now, I wont prop your bed up about 12" with some blocks. Ask for the medicine called Zegird.

And when you return home, see a specialist.

I have a hitial hernia too, mine is about 5 cm. That is what is causing your gerd, and def the chest thing.

chew your food really good, and eat slow. dont eat a large meal, as your stomach will expand and push that hernia up, causing your symptons.

cold may not be realted, and your just tryng to put 2 things togther that may not be related.