What to do about GERD and my throat
So for the past four months I've had a consistent sore throat. It feels swollen almost everyday, especially on one side, and has at times been so bad that I've had difficulty swallowing. I was put on a few different antibiotics over the first couple months and nothing worked. An ENT said it might be due to acid reflux.

I must admit that despite being in good shape, the vast majority of my diet over the last several years has been made up of orange juice, red sauce pasta and greasy foods like tacos; I also drink heavily at least twice a week (my throat is worst the day after I've binged) in addition to downing Coke on a regular basis. But now I'm having soreness in my neck and jaw---what does it all mean? I'm told that my lymph nodes are not swollen, and when the doctor looks down my throat there's simply "irritation."

Should I just go with the antacid I was prescribed? What's the next step if that doesn't work?  
Please see the Health Pages for more info I did copy and paste some info below for u...but see a GI dr and u need to modify ur diet and lifestyle in addition to taking the meds.

*************************************************************************************************

Symptoms of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux are:

Continual throat clearing
Chronic throat irritation
Chronic cough
Hoarseness
Excessive phlegm the throat
Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
Constant sensation of something in the throat
Swallowed food comes back up
Post nasal drainage
Weak voice
Cracking voice
Blockage of the breathing passage
Spasm of the larynx (voice box)
Wheezing
Heartburn
This condition is a result of both UES and LES not working correctly.
And it is possible not to have typical gerd/acid reflux  symptoms

Foods to Avoid:

Avoid high fat foods because they stay in the stomach longer
Avoid any fried foods (fried meats, vegetables, etc)
Consume the following low fat choices:
Low fat meats - Chicken (without the skin), Turkey (without the skin), Fish, Loin of Pork (as tolerated)
Non-meat sources – Soy products, Nuts (small quantities as tolerated)
Low fat vegetarian combinations - Rice & beans, Pasta & beans, Low fat cheese & pasta
2-1% Milk, Skim Milk (no fat milk), Low fat or no fat yogurts, Low fat cheeses, Low fat low sugar ice cream
Substitute dairy products - Low fat soy milk/soy yogurt
Snacks – baked chips, air-popped pop corn
Avoid spicy food (Black pepper, Chili pepper, fresh onion, etc)
Avoid foods that may cause discomfort such as citrus fruits and juices; and tomatoes and any foods made from tomatoes (tomato sauce, tomato juice)
Consume the following choices:
Fresh, canned (packed in natural juices not syrup), or frozen fruits and vegetables except oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, lemons, limes, and tomatoes
Use 100% juices
Avoid Chocolate, Peppermint, Caffeinated drinks (coffee, tea, soda), and Alcohol which weakens the sphincter muscle
Try not to consume any foods or beverages that cause discomfort