GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
When is the best time to take my Nexium?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

I would like to take my 1 Nexium pill a day pretty soon after I wake up, but I heard that it is best to take these pills at the same time everyday. I usually wake up at 10am, but at least twice a week, I may randomly get up at 7am. In the latter case, should I Take the pill around 7-ish, or just wait the 3 hours?
It is usually helpful to try and keep to a schedule with meds....read the instructions that came with ur meds to see if it was specified....otherwise, find what works best for u.

I find taking it at the same time everyday.....for me it is bcuz I have another med I must take 30 mins b4 I eat or take ne other meds, then I have one that must be taken 2 hrs b4 or after I take an antacid.....so for me I have to keep on schedule...and when I do, I feel better.

"selma"
I was taking Nexium for 7 years and my GERD was getting worst but after 2 weeks of taking Isotonix┬« Digestive Enzyme with Probiotics my problem has been almost completely resolved. Only when I have supper very late and I do not take enzymes I have some problems otherwise I do not have to take anything. Nexium has some  side effects as every drug and I do recommend looking for alternaive solutions.
When I told my doctor how I cured myself he totaly ignored me but doctors are not intrested in solutions which are not a prescripion drugs. Managing stress is also very important for GERD. I am Lifestyle Coach and I am trying to help people to live longer and better.