GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Whey Protein

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Whey Protein

I've decided to try to handle my acid reflux by eating more easy to digest foods, staying off fried foods and adding lots more green vegetables and celery to my diet to alkalize my body (as well as taking Aciphex). I usually have yogurt and a green drink in the morning. I added whey protein to the mix today and now my heartburn is back. Whey is supposed to be super easy to digest. Has anyone else had problems with whey protein?
Hi Crystal,

It is possible that in addition to everything else u r eating that the whey will affect u. Not all foods that r on a list and considered safe for those of us with GERD will be safe for all of us. We all have to try foods and find what our triggers r...the lists of safe foods r to help guide us.

Also I am surprise u eat yogurt...it tends to slow down the LES as it is a dairy product.
What is ur green drink?

"selma"
Selma,

The green drink I take is wheat grass. It doesn't seem to bother me. I also eat raw celery because it seems to help. I might try the whey again and see what happens. The Aciphex and diet have helped my esophagus begin to heal so I don't want to risk a setback so I'm being very careful.

I eat yogurt because it has beneficial bacteria for the intestines and enzymes that help digestion. It doesn't seem to give me much of a problem so far.
Good luck ....I hope the whey works for u.....please keep us posted.

"selma"