GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Would sinusitis cause burping, stomach pain and diarhea(diarrhea)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Would sinusitis cause burping, stomach pain and diarhea(diarrhea)

I have a 9 year old son that gets stomach aches from the Dec-March time frame.  I've had him tested for allergies and he has a slight response to dust mites and cats.  He gets sinus infections about 3-4 times during the winter.  I went to a medical doctor and they diagnosed him with sinusitis and gastroitis.  They prescribed amoxicillin and zantac (morning and night). He continues to burp after eating bland food.  I've cut out any milk, fried, chocolate, etc and have kept to a bland diet.  He continues to have diarhea (diarrhea), burp, stomach cramps and headaches.    This has been going on for the past 4 years during the same time frame.  We've  been to a gastronologist 3 years ago,  taken stool samples & blood work and found out nothing.    What else do I need to do?  Do I eeed to test him for food allergies?  When he goes to the bathroom it takes him 30-45 minutes to go #2  (this is year round).  Could you please give me any words of wisdom or what I should test for?
Thank you for your time.