GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Zegerid

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Zegerid

Hi all,

Anyone taking Zegerid?  If so, how long did it take before you saw results?  I am on night 4, and seeing no results.

Thanks!!

Bailey
Hi Bailey,
Zegrid is Omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate can change the way your body absorbs or eliminates certain other drugs. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.Notice this states it may affect herbal products absorbtion, so the herbal coffee subsitute may not do all it claims....unless it gives u the taste u want without the acid.

This med is also on the high side of sodium content...so be aware of that too.

ANd all PPI's of which this med is one...tend to work slowly...4 days is not enuff time to see improvement.U may need 4 weeks depending on how bad ur acid was prior to staring the meds.

"selma"
Hi- I have taken Zegerid and found it to be the best of GERD/acid-reflux med's.  They all do take some time, but for me it's the best by a good margin, with Kapidex/Prevacid second.  My insurance co. doesn't cover Zegerid as well as they cover Prevacid, but my doctor calls it the "Rolls Royce" of stomach meds.
I am currently using Zegerid (on empty stomach, important) and domperidone (at bedtime to empty the stomach).

I have heard, however, that a "natural" treatment is cider vinegar and baking soda.

Have you heard  of this treatment?
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment
1 hr ago
Listeria Risk Triggers Huge Frozen ...
May 04 by gymdandee
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02