GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
acid reflux disease

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

acid reflux disease

will the proceedure nissen fundoplication help with wieght loss

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

We r all different and how our body responds or reacts to surgery will be different too....I would not look to this surgery for weight loss, but to eating a healthier diet.

Please talk to ur Dr regarding this...and do post updates on how u r doing : )
Yes, it will result in weight loss, but as Selma warns, it isn't a procedure one would choose to lose weight comfortably.  The question reminds me of the old adage, the best way to quit drinking is to slap a policeman in the face and run, you will stop drinking!  I've had the surgery, I did lose weight, but it wasn't much fun.  The surgery resulted in wonderful results regarding my GERD symptoms, but I'd strongly suggest mixing some salads into your diet before expecting it to a weight loss procedure.  Most people experience between 5 and 15 pound weight loss from a NF.  If you have a weight issue and are looking for a medical solution, I'd investigate bariatric surgery.
Keep us informed.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25