GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
acid reflux vommitting nervous stomach

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

acid reflux vommitting nervous stomach

My son is vommitting 3-4 days a week and 3-4 times a day.  He has severe acid reflux and is lactose intolerant.  we have cut out dairy and acidic food, soda's, large meals.  He takes Prevacid 2x's a day but is still throwing up.  we find it is mostly in the morning when it starts but could last for 2-3 hours.  It's all acid/bile, no food and happens mostly before a sports game or event in the morning when he is nervous or excited.  He has had and endoscopy that showed scaring in his stomach and stomach emptying scan that was fine.  My question is, what else can he take or tests can be run to help him?  He is 9 yrs old and has been throwing up since he was born and it is now starting to prevent him from having a happy active lifesstyle, he doesn't want to do things because he is afraid he will be sick.  He is a very picky eater and grazes most of the day.  Any help you can offer would be wonderful.  
If you have not tried it yet, you might want to get some food allergy/hypersensitivity testing done.

Hi I would be concerned about the bile and his teeth...goodness he will lose the enamel vomiting that often.,

If u have addressed his diet, and have tried meds, mayb it is not his food, but more  a anxiety thing, where he need s to learn to control that excitement or nervousness....bio feed back may help him learn to control how excited he gets to limit the vomiting....just a thought.

Good luck