GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
best medicine

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

best medicine
I have terrible heartburn and burp all the time. I had an endoscopy and they found nothing. No matter what i eat of drink i am getting the heartburn and huge burps. The pain is terrible from the heartburn under my left rib cage.
I am now eating blander food but I still get the heartburn. I am on prilosec but it doesnt seem to help much,
Any other suggestions?
It's good the endoscope showed no problems.  Were you tested for H Pylori bacteria?  Some of your symptoms are consistent with the effects of that bacterium.

Prilosec or the generic omeprazole (cheaper) is fine for GERD.  Make sure to take it at bedtime on an empty stomach and every night until you get better.  Prilosec won't do much while you are experiencing heartburn.  At that time, you should take Tums or similar anatacid.  Prilosec is more a preventive med.