GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
biliary reflux syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

biliary reflux syndrome

When i was younger i believe i was told that i had biliary reflux syndrome. I know they had told me that bile was being put back in to my stomach. I took nexium and pepcid ac. I have been off of those medications for along time. Recently i have started to feel nauses, my stomach almost always hurts (its a very good day if it doesnt), i have a loss of appetite, my stomach will feel like there is burning in it, and sometimes i will experience pains across the top of my stomach. Im not sure if this is just from the problems i have or what i can even do about this. I am becoming increasingly tired of having to deal with it especially at my young age. If you know of anything that will help or things i should know please help! Thank you so much.
Peptic ulcer disease is a possibility.
Endoscopy may be done for confirmation.
If ulcer is found test for H.pylori infection should be done.
If it is found to be positive it has to be treated with antibiotics.
If negative only antiulcer drugs like prilosec may be taken.