causes of immflamation roof of mouth and tongue
The past several months, I have been experiencing symptoms of GERD, LPR, acid reflus, heart burn, stomach cramps/discomfort, immflation of the roof of mouth and tongue and all of the general allgery symptoms. Very bad stomach cramps/pains made it neccesary for me to be admited to our local hospital. After three days of antibotics and multi tests  [MRI, blood test, e-rays etc,] nothing was found or was conclusive regarding these symptoms? I was given a prescription for my stomach discomfort, but before I had the prescription filled the findingsI had researched about this particular drug was not favorable or compatible with the Plavix 75mg and was later strongly advised by my pharmacy not to take it with  plavix. [I have always been concerned about the effects or combination of prescprition drugs!]

Presently, [recent weeks] I have had very little appetite, lost weight and have immflation of the roof of my mouth and tongue. I do have a dental appointment soon to see if I any oral hygiene related problems exist. Any ideas? JIM
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

I sounds like ur reflux is getting up into ur mouth and is causing these issues.It can also wear the enamel off of ur teeth.

In addition to the meds ur taking u should really look at ur diet and raise the head of ur bed to keep the acid from being able to move up the esphpagus.

Please see our Health Pages here on medhelp for the list of safe foods and food to avoid as well as lifestyle changes.

keep us posted

"selma"