GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
chest back pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

chest back pain

hi guys im new here . can acid reflux cause chest and back pain i cough every day and sometimes have a severe sore throat . also can it cause a pain down Ur left arm . iv had test after test they say its acid reflux . what makes it worse is i have  a health anxiety so i get anxiety most weeks because of this .
Related Discussions
Hi,
Heartburn is the classic symptom of GERD.
But it can cause chest pain too which may radiate to arm and back.
1 Comment
Blank
1551963_tn?1302296332
I have had acid reflux for 10 years and a double dose of prilosec usually would take care of it but just recently i started having chest pains and arm pains like i was having a heart attack. i went to a new doctor and they pricked my finger and ran a test that took 5 mins. she said i had H.pylori which is a bacterial infection of the esophagus. thats something you could tell your doctor to check you for and if thats the case then they  put you on some antibiotics.
Blank
A related discussion, acid riflux and back chest pain was started.
Blank
1642093_tn?1300793843
A related discussion, GERD/ANXIETY/HEART was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank