GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
chest pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

chest pain

ok I am 28 and last year I started having alot of chest pain and gas I did have wieght gain before it started but my doctor ordered alot of test ekg,nucular stress test,echo cardio gram,blood work,etc everything said I was fine I was told I have gerd and recently told I have gastritis but everytime I feel the pain I think its my heart and I have gone to er after er saying the same thing but im worried they ar just missing something cause the pain it is on the left side of my chest it feels sharp and fast but sometimes stays for a few sec and recently my back and neck and left arm has been hurting and my chest on a more regular basis i went t the er and they did x-ry,blood work and a ekg said i was good just gastritis and the gerd coulthey be missing someting or am I just freaked out cause the area of the pain and does it sound like gerd and or gastrits to you?
GERD can cause symptoms mimicking heart disease.
Since all the tests done for heart disease turned out to be normal, your symptoms could be due to GERD.
You can confirm GERD with 24 hours pH monitoring test.
Take PPI for relief.