GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
chest pains

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

chest pains

For the last 3 to 4 months i have had ongoing chest pains. I was diagnosed with acid reflux 2 years ago and have never had any problem with my chest before. I went to the Dr. and got tests done on my heart and got a physical and they said i was fine and healthy. I have off and on pains in my chest and shortness of breath and when i breathe deep is when it really hurts. I have a burning /bloated sensation in my upper chest and in my sternut i really have pressure. My heart starts to speed up which may just be anxioty. My dr said its just acid reflux but the medicine isnt helping and feels like im going to have a heart attack. Any idea what this could be?
Tags: pains
1 Comment
If you were diagnosed with acid reflux two years ago you should have been given a diet.  Do you follow it?  Part of acid reflux is from stress, what is going on in your life?  Follow the diet, try yoga or meditation, talk to a friend or therapist.  Having pain upon deep breaths or a tightening of the chest is all about stress or anxiety, barring a heart(blocked valves, or arteries, heart disease) or lung problem (asthma, allergies).  If you have had a physical and been declared healthy, that is the only other option.  If you think you have a serious heart problem that has gone undetected insist on a heart catherization, it finds blockages that a stress test will miss.  This is just my personal observation of gerds, acid reflux.  I think a lot of people suffer from these symptoms when the are going through emotional upheaval in their lives and a lifestyle change is in order.