double Nexium
Hello all
I am so overwhelmed with GERD!  Currently I am on Nexium twice a day plus Maalox and still have symtpoms.  My throat and nose are burning.  My stomach is upset and can't seem to eat anything!  I have been reflux problems for about 4 years now and it has NEVER been this bad.  Sometimes food seems to be stuck in my throat/chest.  On top of all theses symptoms I am extremely tired and have joint pain.  My doctor thought that I may have fibromyalgia, but I don't think this is correct.  Really I am thinking that my body is constantly in distress because of my stomach digestive issues.  Anyone have advice, or any suggestions?  I have been on prevacid, protonix, omeprazole, aciphex and now the nexium.  Please help me!
Hi and welcome to the forum.

May I ask, when did u have testing to determine how much acid ect u had?

There is another condition call Bile Reflux...the symptoms r similar but most of the meds will not help.

Please see ur dr to see if this is a possibility.

Please keep us posted on ur progress

"selma"
I had some of the similar symptoms your describing the doctor had an endoscopy done on me and found out I had erosion of the esophagus caused from acid reflux I have to go twice a year to have my esophagus opened back up because it keeps swelling shut
There is a test available that will determine how well you can swallow.  I'm not a health professional, but I suggest you talk to your doctor about it.  Also, the fact that your nose and throat burn suggests to me you should see an ENT specialist as well.  Keep us informed.
I feel your pain, 2005 I had acid reflux so bad I lost 40lbs and looked sickly. I couldnt eat anything and had joint pain. But was unable to take anything so just suffered. I started eating healthy and it took about 1 year for me to get this under control. The nexium and prevacid did nothing for me, about 2 weeks ago my symptoms came back and I understand what your going thru. I am on a bland diet just to start. Feel better