GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
gerd and medicine

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

gerd and medicine

I have GERD. 5 cm hitaus hernia. My last scope doen in July 09, showed a normal stomach and dodudem, but it showed the hernia, and grad A esopgiatus, with only one lesion less than 5mm not entending between muscal flaps.

My question, another doctor wants me to take Indomethacin er 75mg, for a month or so to see if it helps with bad headaches.

I reading this drug stops production the the lining in stomach ect, and can cause bleeding and ulcers.

Do you think I would be alright to take this drug for 1 month. Or would I be a higher risk. I do take 40mg Zegerid, and 40mg pecid at night, so that should help protect my stomach?

Like, I said my stomach was normal in July 09, on scope, and also had a ct done on Dec 09, and normla there too if that means anything

thanks
Indomethacin and similar painkillers can damage the lining of the stomach.
But since you take Zegerid which will protect the stomach lining, you can take the other medication.