GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
gerd and medicine
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

gerd and medicine

I have GERD. 5 cm hitaus hernia. My last scope doen in July 09, showed a normal stomach and dodudem, but it showed the hernia, and grad A esopgiatus, with only one lesion less than 5mm not entending between muscal flaps.

My question, another doctor wants me to take Indomethacin er 75mg, for a month or so to see if it helps with bad headaches.

I reading this drug stops production the the lining in stomach ect, and can cause bleeding and ulcers.

Do you think I would be alright to take this drug for 1 month. Or would I be a higher risk. I do take 40mg Zegerid, and 40mg pecid at night, so that should help protect my stomach?

Like, I said my stomach was normal in July 09, on scope, and also had a ct done on Dec 09, and normla there too if that means anything

thanks