grds
hi, i just seen my doctor for my chronic acid reflux/gerds problem.he did the egd and showed me the pics of my stomach. saying i have a hiatal hernia  in my lower esophagus and suggested that surgery is needed,what process do they do for this and what is the recovery time.also is this an overnight procedure or a outpatient process.any feedback would be helpful........thank you............................kurt
Hi....I have not had that procedure, but from what those that have had it say, I hope I never need one.
I know u probably have done all this, but did u try the diet for reflux and lifestyle tips?

It is one way to keep it under control. I have a hiatal hernia for 30 yrs and I have had flares from meds and drugs from surgery and stress......but u can get it under control watching ur diet.....it takes awhile....and sometimes meds can stop working. I was on PPI's on and off for yrs and they recently stopped working for me so I was put on H2 inhibitors and they work great for me....

Do ask ur dr if all options were tried first.

Good luck
"selma"