GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
is this gerd or hyperacidity

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

is this gerd or hyperacidity

i had a feeling of food stuck on my throat a year ago coupled w/ hiccups.i drink vinegar coz i thought it was a simple sorethroat.it made my condition worsen.i went to e.e.n.t. doctor,gave me rabreprazole and gaviscon for a month and yet my condition is still d same.so i went to another doctor,he gave me nexium and i feel good somehow.im just wondering my conditions goes on-off..i dont know if it has to do w/my eating habits or my mental worries.it also bothers me bcos i felt sometimes acid on my chest area just like a spray and even on my mouth.is this hyperacidity?!my tounge has red lines and white.im afraid of this..and a feeling of bellyache...du i hav to go for an endoscopy?
It could be either, but likely  GERD which is often characterized by intermittent flare-ups and a variety of symptoms.  GERD has little to do with hyperacidity; it's all about refluxing stomach acid onto the esophagus which isn't designed to handle it.  Vinegar is very acidic and will aggravate it.   Diet and posture are important.  Read up on how to control with diet, although many people need on-going treatment with PPi's like Nexium or Prilosec (omeprazole).  It not a bad idea to get an endoscope so that you can make sure there is nothing else going on that needs attention.  You will be reassured if there's nothing else and catch it early if there is something more serious.  Endoscopes are easy. Find a good gastroenterologist who routinely does endoscopes.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status
Dr. Peter Glidden ND
Jun 29 by gymdandee
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29