GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
is this normal or out of control?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

is this normal or out of control?

I was diagnosed with GERD in July. I feel like I should be on one of those mystery diagnosis shows. I’m still kind of in disbelief that they’ve actually found the correct answer. The pain I feel is so excruciating that I cannot bare to walk. It starts off slightly in my lower abdomen/back and slowly spreads up into my upper chest, the pain increasing with each second. I have honestly gone an entire day not eating and had an episode. They happen so much now that I’ve began calling them episodes. When the pain is unbearable I cannot help but to crawl into the shower (most likely fully clothed) and put the hot water upon my back. It starts off feeling like I need to crack my back. It hurts to breathe, it is not hard for me to breathe it just hurts. My entire upper body along with abdomen begins to feel constricted. Its hard for me to catch my breath and my heart beat speeds up. I am prescribed Prilosec and Oxycotin. I have to take about four Prilosec for them to even attempt to work and let’s not even talk about the Oxycotin (this pill is crazy!) I can only take a half of a half. Plus it’s extremely addictive. Having these episodes so often is starting to scare me. The top of my stomach is larger than normal. And it’s hard. I feel like I’m falling apart. I am twenty and I have this medical issue that I cannot control. Someone help me please somehow some way.
HI...make sure u look at side effects from the oxycotin.....

And do look at ur digestive tract.....r ur Bowels moving correctly.This can play a big role in this.

Are u on a diet?....and have u made lifestyle changes to aid the meds?

I can only think that u need to have testing done...look at PH levels....gall bladder.....
H.Pylori......

I had an allergic reaction to oxycotin.... and it is possible to interact with other meds...do have ur pharmacist  look at that possibility too.

"selma"