GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
lack of burping

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

lack of burping

I was recently diagnose with GERD and was prescribed Omeprazole 20mg for 14 days.  During my first visit to the ER, the doctor suggested that I also take an antacid to alleviate the symptoms.  Again told to take for up to 14 days; I only took for 10 because of constipation and general discomfort.  At this point, it has been 24 days since my diagnosis and still cannot find any relief.  Through my numerous doctor visits, I've had an abdominal, chest, and throat x-ray, throat CT scan and a Fluoroscopy procedure to determine the root of my difficulty in swallowing; I have an endoscopy scheduled within 4 days.  Since my visit to the ER, I also contracted a viral infection that has affected my respiratory system, gotten pink eye and developed an extremely dry throat, mouth and airway; I need to keep hydrated otherwise I'm in pain.  May now have medically induced xerostomia (dry mouth) and I can't burp or pass gas.  One of the doctors prescribed Reglan to aid with digestion but I still can't eat solids and subsist on water, gatorade, broth, apple sauce and pureed foods.  I'm at my wits end.  Has anyone had similar symptoms or experience?  All this developed within a matter of days and the doctors now think I have Anxiety and prescribed Lorazepam.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
flipper336 "I always think that the be... Comment
Jun 24