GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
laryngopharyngeal reflux

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

laryngopharyngeal reflux

hi there,
my Rx is Nexium40 before meal 30mins to an hour at am and pm(twice a day) with Domperidone10 as i have had throwing up and nausea.Domperidone is taken 3 times daily before meak 30 mins.but Nexium brought lots of side effects for me.so the specialist switched it with Protonix20 same administer.after several days i have had it for 40mg.twice a day.i raised my bedhead 3"; now to 4".i still suffer from acidity erosion up to my mouth.i feel i have no life.Anyone has comment or recommendation for my illness and medicines(nexium40)

First raise the head of you bed to a full 6 inches.  Also, avoid caffeine, chocolate, spicy and acidic foods, and don't eat within 4 hours of going to bed.  I assume you are probably already doing that, but it can alsways be repeated.

Talk to your dr about adding an H2 blocker like ranitidine (Zantac) taken at bed time.  I also will take some Rolaids if I know I have broken one of the above rules or I am having breatk through.  

Maybe seeing a gastro-interologist would be a good idea at this point.  It sounds like you should have a scope done to screen for barretts esophagus and hiatel hernia and a few other things.

I hope you get some help and relief.
HI ...I have to agree with bsmsl that u should see a GI dr if u haven't already to be tested to see what the root cause of ur GERD issues r.....

We do have a full list of diet and lifestyle modifications u can do along with the meds to help reduce this  issue.

In addition to getting tested for a Hiatal hernia, u may want to get checked for H.Pylori....and also have ur dr look at ur Gall bladder too.....

Good luck and do post an update

"selma"
Thanks so much for your support and comment.i will talk to my doctor
about H2 Antagonist Block as Ranitidine at bed time.But once in a while I eat a bit before going to bed as I hurt my stomach.It's very hard to keep to rule strictly.I don't take caffinated drinks,chocolate,no spicy or acidic food as I also have Fibromyalgia.Your response to me really support me mentally. Since I have taken Nexium40 now Protonix40 i have depression and anxiety.
Hugs.Selma......I will ask my specialist to see a GI too.I used to have GERD in the past-2 years ago.But I was recovered from it .I face Laryngopharyngeal Reflux instead.I need to get test for Hiatal Hernia.Thanks to "say" do post my update.I feel I'm not alone now.
No worries...u r deff not alone...and I am curious to hear how things go for u.

Laryngopharyngeal reflux is also know as silent reflux...so it could be u were not sured, just unaware of what was going on.....we do have a Health Page with some info on this.....
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236

I hope u find the info helpful and I look forward to updates : )
"selma"
My doctor prescribed me on Enzymes to help digestion.She told me that Protonix40 twice a day covered my symtoms (symptoms).No need to take Ranitidine.So I haven't tried taking Ranitidine yet.In fact i want to try it starting from the low dose like 75 mg.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
flipper336 "I always think that the be... Comment
gymdandee commented on  Foods That Help Burn...