GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
lump/sore feeling base of neck in throat.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

About 4 months ago i felt great. Than one weekend i got a super red sore throat and white furry tounge. Did strep test came back neg. But treated with antibiotics. It seem to clear up in about 5 days. After those symtoms (symptoms) left i have felt a lump or something stuck in throat and maybe like a small soreness also at time. This feeling is in the soft part of throat right above breast bone sternum area. I dont really notice it unless i swallow saliva. It doesnt seem to bother me eating drinking or breathing. Feel the best right awsy when i wake up but soon after it goes full force. I always feel the need to clear my throat but nothing comes up and i cant help but keep swallowing saliva all day driving me insane. Sometimes it feels like a glob of something other times a distinct lumpish thing. One doctor said it was my sinuses and treated me for that. The ent said she didnt think it was sinus. She look at my throat with a camera said everything looked great. Said only thing she say was a little redness in my vocal cords. She said it sounded like silent gerd. I was treated for this with meds but no response. Symtoms (symptoms) are still present and it makes me fear the worst. I am going back to ent in 2 weeks. Can anyone help me out with possibilities. I am scared i have smoked for 10 years quit for 5 and started about 6 months ago again unfortunately. I am only 35 and other than this consider my self pretty healthy.
Forgot to add they tested my thyroid and came back normal
Quit smoking the pimp sticks!  You aren't healthy if you smoke.  I'm a former smoker so I know, and understand it can be hard to quit.  That said, I quit quite easily after being wheeled in to an operating room for heart surgery.  It is an old joke that it is easy to quit smoking, just hit a policeman.  The same thing applies to smoking, it isn't a question if you will have throat, lung or heart problems, but when is the unknown.  Good luck, keep us informed.